Friday, May 25, 2012

1UP Plant Box

So we are in Home Depot and I decided I wanted to get a plant. Looked at the pots they have an they all seem blah! I decide why not build one. My fiancé thought why not use backsplash tiles to make it interesting.

After getting home I started looking for tiles and came across mosaic tiles. Then boom… why not 8 Bit characters? Of course Mario is my top choice. I decided to go with a 1Up and ? Brick on the other sides. I orders the colors I needed & some Weldbond.

I built the box while I waited for the tiles to arrive. Helps to have a table saw in your garage, if not have them cut it at home depot.

Measured the center of box this is where I will start, helps to keep everything straight.
After gluing tiles I let dry overnight then grouted it. Place wood strips around edges to help until grout sets.

More to come as I complete the other sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment